Saturday, August 26, 2006

Year Long Prayer
(resposta à New Year's Eve Prayer de Jeff Buckley)


I pray that you will smile always at the silliest things and the lamest jokes.

I pray that you will kiss your lover whole, inch by inch, skin by skin, until everything is permanently stained and scarred with your love.

I pray for everlasting temporary relationships for which you will cry endless tears of sorrow and happiness.

I pray for true love at least once in your lifetime, even if it doesn't last.

I pray that you will enjoy full glasses of cheap red wine of the most terrible taste with your closest friends on a boring saturday night while laughing at nothing in particular.

I pray that you will wake up the next day and swear, in the midst of a catastrophic hangover, that you will never drink again. (until next saturday, of course)

I pray that you will cry with every cheesy movie and every highly uninspired commercial. (never hold back your tears)

I pray that you will listen to romantic radio stations every time your heart is broken and imagine yourself flying to somewhere far away everytime you feel you won't make it. (just be careful not to fall)

I pray for kaleidoscopic frenzies, lights flashing blindingly and hipnotic music loudly playing, forcing your body to move in its rhythm, losing yourself in an abstract dream of powerful ecstasy.

I pray that you will dance in each and every opportunity.

I pray that you dream and in your dreams discover the beauty of your soul.

I pray that you discover the magical power of a smile.

I pray that you will never hide your emotions and refrain your thoughts.

I pray that you understand that knowledge is the most powerful weapon you will ever handle.

I pray that you will accomplish all these little things that you probably won't remember in a little while, for it's the things we don't keep that really matter.

I pray that you become free.

I pray that you see.

I pray for you and me.

I pray.



[Larissa Fernandes]



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?